1 Kings 8:1-11
1. Solomon asked the leaders of Israel to bring the ark of the Lord to Jerusalem from Zion. They passed it over to the priests and Levites who brought the ark into the temple and all its sacred furnishings. The priests then brought the ark into the inner sanctuary of the temple.
2. Solomon and the entire Israel sacrificed an abundance of sheep and cattle to the Lord.
3. In the ark of the covenant lies the 2 stone tablets that Moses has placed in.
4. The glory of the Lord filled the temple in the form of the cloud, and happened when the priests withdrew from the temple. From then on, the priests could not perform their service to the Lord.
1. Each one of us performs a different task in God’s kingdom. The leaders had to do additional work of bringing the ark from Zion to Jerusalem, and the priests and Levites had to do additional work of carrying the ark into the temple. If we seek to serve God in a bigger capacity, we need to be prepared to sacrifice more for God. To do the things that God requires us to do will eventually result in the glory of the Lord filling the people (church) and hence we will be blessed.
2. We need to be generous with God. When we give, we need to be joyful and have faith that God blesses the people who are generous. God loves a cheerful giver so learn to give with a heart of joy.
3. This signifies the importance of God’s laws in their hearts.
Jer 31:33 “But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel after those days,” says the Lord. “I will put my instructions deep within them, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.”
This reminded me of all of us being God’s temple and His spirit currently resides in us. How we should treasure it and not take it for granted. God has generously given us His Spirit who is so powerful and victorious. Learn to allow God’s word to fill us and God’s Spirit to speak to us such that we can learn to live in His glory day by day.
4. Reminds me of God’s holiness. The glory could only fill the temple when the priests withdrew. God is so holy that even the priests are not able to stand in His presence. I thank God because of Jesus that we are able to come into His presence without fear. That God sees us through Jesus. Yes indeed. “What can wash away my sin? Nothing but the blood of Jesus.”
1. Each of us have a different purpose in God’s kingdom. Serve faithfully.
2. Be generous to God and his people. Give generously.
3. Obey God in all things. Obey unconditionally.
4. Thankful to Jesus for what He has done that allows us to enjoy God’s presence every minute and every day of our lives. Give thanks always.